Indian Air Force, IAF represents NATIONAL POWER in full galore. With its foundation back rooted in the year 1932; IAF stands as a sturdy and all pervasive branch of Indian Armed Forces. With sheer six pilot officers, two airmen and 19 Sepoys IAF started and today it takes pride in being the most credible AIR POWER in the world with more than forty five squadrons using the advanced aircraft like Jaguar, SU-30MKI, Mirage 2000, C130-J, MIG 27, MIG 29, MIG 21 – BISON, EMBRAER and many more. IAF is the most modern and technology-intensive Armed Forces of India.
Indian Air Force Career Opportunities
Courageous can only make it to IAF. Brave and fearless candidates have many chances to fructify their career in Indian Air Force because main job profiles relate to flying fighter air crafts and helicopters. There are also a few technical job profiles that are associated with electronics department, computer engineering, aeronautical engineering, administration department, finance department and other managerial profiles that aspirants can aim for.
IAF Eligibility Criterion
Indian Air Force recruits for two cadres – Officer and Airman.
For Officer Cadre –
Gender – Male & Female
Educational Qualification for Men – 10+2 | Graduation | BE | B.Tech | Post Graduation
Educational Qualification for Women – Graduation | BE | B.Tech| Post Graduation
Officers are further appointed as Pilots or Navigators or Technical Staff or Ground Staff in Indian Air Force. Women have limited career options in IAF restricted to Officer Cadre.
Indian Air Force Group X & Y Syllabus
Comprehension, Composition, Grammar Idioms and Phrases, Direct / Indirect sentences, Narration change, Active and Passive Voices
Reasoning and General Awareness (RGA)
Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)- Numerical Series, Inserting Correct Mathematical Digit, Coding and Decoding, Number Ranking & Time Sequence Test, Analogy, Non Verbal Reasoning, Number Coding, etc.
Ratio and proportion, Average, LCM, HCF, Time, Distance and Speed, Area of Triangle, Square and Rectangle, Probability, Simple Trigonometry, Surface area and Volume of Cuboids, Cylinder, Cone and Sphere etc.
G.K and CA
General Science, Civics, Geography, Current Events, History, Basic Computer Operation.
Physical World & Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy & Power, Motion of System of particles & Rigid, Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter Thermodynamics, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating current Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices Communication Systems etc.
Sets, Relations, functions, Trigonometric functions, Inverse Trigonometric functions, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Sequence & Series (AP & GP), Permutation, Combination Binomial Theorem, Coordinate geometry – Straight line, Coordinate geometry – Circles, Coordinate geometry – Parabola, Coordinate geometry – Ellipse, Coordinate geometry – Hyperbola, Exponential Series etc.
Important Dates of Air Force 2020
|Commencement of Online Registration||01 July 2019|
|Last date for Registration||15 July 2019|
|Last date of receipt of printed application by ordinary post at CASB||24 sep 2019|
|Date of issued of Admit card||9 September 2019|
|Date of Selection Test||30 APRIL 2020|
Indian Air Force Entrance Coaching For Group X & Group Y Trades
Over times again and again, Defense Career Group has proven their expertise in preparing candidates for IAF. Our high rank achievers are the ones that make us the leading IAF Coaching Institute in the region. Besides following an organized course methodology, we provide a positive environment to aspirants to build a sense of confidence in them so that they can achieve the impossible with the bull’s eye.
Eligibility Criterion for Group X (Technical) Trade
Educational Qualification –
- 10+2 OR Equivalent Qualification with compulsory subjects Physics, Mathematics and English. Marks Obtained should be at least 50% in total and minimum 50% marks in English.
- Completed Diploma Course of 3 Years from a reputed Govt. recognized Polytechnic Institute in any of these streams: Electronics | Mechanical | Automobile | Electrical | Information Technology | Computer Science | Instrumentation Technology. Marks Obtained should be at least 50% in total and minimum 50% marks in English in Diploma or 10+2 or Matriculation if English was not a subject in last attended course.
Eligibility Criterion for Group Y (Medical) Trade
Educational Qualification –
- 10+2 OR Equivalent Qualification with compulsory subjects Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English. Marks Obtained should be at least 50% in total and minimum 50% marks in English.
Maximum 21 Years
Objective Type Written Test for all subjects except for English. Question Papers will be available in both English and Hindi medium as per below particulars –
Group X (Technical) Trade:
Subjects: Mathematics, Physics and English according to CBSE Syllabus 6
Examination Duration: 60 Minutes
Group Y (Medical) Trade:
Subjects: Reasoning and Genera; Awareness RAGA and English according to AISSCE Syllabus
Examination Duration: 45 Minutes
Candidates who clear the written test; they have to appear for PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST.
Physical Fitness Test: It includes 10 push-ups, 20 squats and 10 sit-ups to be done in a given period of time. Also, they have to run a lapse of 1.6 km in the time frame of 8 minutes. Those who qualify PFT will only be selected for IAF.
Indian Air Force Coaching For Airmen
With Defense Career Group, you can easily achieve this. Kindly read the eligibility criterion –
Educational Qualification –
- 10+2 OR Equivalent Qualification in any stream from a Central or State Education Board approved institute. Marks Obtained should be at least 50% in total and minimum 50% marks in English.
- Completed Vocational Course of 2 Years from an affiliated or recognized Central or State Education Board OR Council recognized equivalent to 10+2 by AIU – Association of Indian Universities. Marks Obtained should be at least 50% in total and minimum 50% marks in English in Vocational Course or 10+2 or Matriculation if English was not a subject in last attended course. You can also join our NDA Coaching program in Chandigarh & Delhi.
Best AIR FORCE GROUP X, GROUP Y & Airmen Coaching
By:- Col. R.K Singh Sir
Branches : Chandigarh & Delhi
***Separate Hostel Facility Available for Students from Outside***
Call Now: 09915 857 423 / 07837 012 642